Founded in 1994, The Women’s Venture Fund (WVF) is a nonprofit organization that helps women to establish thriving businesses in urban communities with funding and business development programs.
The organization has served more than 17,000 firms, helping to launch more than 3,200 small businesses through a range of services including entrepreneurial training, technical assistance, advisory services, and small loans.
WVF also wanted to launch their first national conference, which was developed for women business owners and founders seeking investment. WVF contacted 12.26 to help them reach goals that included:
- Establishing and maintaining trust through sustained engagement with stakeholders
- Demonstrating WVF as a thought leader—an organization that thrives on investing into women CEO’s
- Increasing awareness of WVF’s new conference
- Positioning WVF as the go-to in funding from women owned business’s with at least 1 year experience, and 1 employee or more.
WVF was also able to secure both in-kind and financial sponsors across the board from Fortune 500 companies for it’s “TakeFLIGHT 2015” conference, as well as gain media attention, social awareness and a capacity attended conference.
From January 2015 to June 2015, 12.26 was able to do the following:
- Relaunch the new WVF website, and conference website, nearly simultaneously.
- Secure high-end sponsorship and co-branding from major businesses, such as WeWork & Walker’s Legacy.
- Create a new digital loan application process
- Redevelop and rewrite the content & messaging associated across the board with WVF, on print/web/social platforms
- Film, edit & share brand identity videos that focused on success stories within WVF
- Secure conference speakers & potential investors
Additionally, 12.26 streamlined and grew WVF’s social media. In under one year:
- WVF’s social network grew to more than 10,000 people across all platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Newsletters.
- WVF’s social media accounts have received more than 15,000 total views and 1,000 interactions
- Tweets that drove traffic to WVF’s & TakeFLIGHT’s website, and social media properties elicited over 1,000 total clicks, accounting for 33% of all clicks generated by the WVF Twitter account
- Women-owned businesses, at least 1-2 years in business, with at least 1 employee and under $5 million in revenue
- CEO Speakers with business’s that have $10 million in revenue
With a goal of promoting WVF, 12.26 did the following:
- Developed key messages
- Website Design & Development
- On-Site Filming & Editing
- Developed outreach strategy and digital retargeting outreach for TakeFLIGHT campaign
- Create and managed paid advertising efforts for WVF
- Developed & wrote new content for both websites
- Strategized & developed conference name (TakeFLIGHT) and core messaging
- Developed relationships with business journalists at national media outlets and news services
- Created and re-launched branded social media platforms, which included Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Held bi-weekly meeting at WVF offices in NYC