“I understand everyone is looking for answers that make sense to us. The truth is, it will never make sense. Because it wasn’t meant to happen,” Vicky told the Seattle Times. Vicky hired artist and sculptor Wayne Toth to create a statue that will be placed somewhere in the city.
“He has already given me a design and the children and I love it,” Vicky added. “He is Seattle’s son and we will be bringing him home and honoring him, I hope, with all of you, your love and support.”Continue Reading
The performance was also a tribute to Chris‘ longtime friend Chester Bennington, who passed away last month on what would have been Chris‘ birthday.
“It’s an honor to perform this for my dad and Chester and to sing for them,” Toni said.
“Chester sang this at Chris’ funeral, and this is arguably one of the greatest songs written in the last 50 years,” OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder said of the song choice. “It’s a very special song to us, and I think to most people and especially to Toni as well.”
The late Chris Cornell‘s daughters Toni, 12, and Lillian Jean, 16, wrote touching notes to their dad on Father’s Day.
His wife Vicky, also wrote a note on Father’s Day for her husband, who passed away last month from suicide.
“Let me start by saying how much I love you and how much you mean to me,” Toni wrote. “You are my idol, someone I’ve always looked up to. You were always there for me. You pushed me forward every day, and you still do.”
“Whenever I cry or feel like there’s no way I can go on, I hear your voice, ‘Don’t sit worrying peanut. Worry is a waste of time, I’m ok,’” she continued. “I always took what you said to heart. Probably because everything you said was so smart.”
Click inside to read both letters…More Here! »Continue Reading
- Chris Cornell‘s wife released a statement after the toxicology report was completed – TMZ
- The Bachelorette‘s Rachel Lindsay once dated one of the NBA’s biggest stars – Wetpaint
- Riverdale‘s KJ Apa has a chronic Instagram photobomber – Just Jared Jr
- Brandy had a scary moment on an airplane today – DListed
- Bella Hadid has landed a Vogue cover – Hollywood Tuna
- Twitter slammed Ivanka Trump over this tweet – Towleroad
- 23 young celebrities who have publicly come out as gay – J-14
The 54-year-old actor was reportedly spotted at Universal Studios Hollywood with Cornell‘s two children – Toni, 12, and Christopher, 11.
“Brad definitely seemed like he was there for the kids to have a good time,” a source told E! News. “He was very accommodating to them and thankful to everybody at each attraction for helping them.”
“Brad was gracious and polite, but seemed intent on making sure the kids were happy,” the source continued, adding that Christopher loved The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. “They all seemed comfortable together, like Brad was effectively taking their mind off of things for a few hours with a fun day at the park.”
Brad and Chris were longtime friends and the actor was in attendance at the funeral last week.Continue Reading
- Chris Cornell‘s family does not believe he committed suicide – TMZ
- Katherine Langford is getting ready to shoot 13 Reasons Why‘s second season – Just Jared Jr
- Is Khloe Kardashian going to adopt her niece Dream? – Gossip Cop
- Jennifer Garner did not participate in this story – Lainey Gossip
- Ariel Winter hits back at haters of her bikini photos – TooFab
- Kesha has an exciting collaboration for her new album – MTV
- Pippa Middleton and her new husband show off hot bodies in Sydney – Popsugar
Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, and Josh Brolin were among the star-studded crowd, which also included Courtney Love, Gavin Rossdale, James Franco, Dave Grohl, Pharrell Williams, Billy Idol, Dave Navarro, Jimmy Page, Metallica‘s Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield, and Lisa Marie Presley.
Chris‘ Audioslave bandmate Tom Morello and Soundgarden bandmate Kim Thayil were among the people who gave eulogies.
Soundgarden music played over the loudspeakers while guests arrived at the Fairbanks Lawn on the overcast morning, according to People.
Chris‘ widow Vicky Cornell was at the funeral with family and friends by her side.
Out of respect for the family, we will not be posting photos from the funeral.Continue Reading